If you’ve never had this treat before it is a lot of fun to make with the kids as they get to watch them transform into little pieces of art in your oven! I can still remember making these as a kid in elementary school!
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 18 lollipops, crushed (for window filling) – Can use any hard candies, life savers, jolly ranchers, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients, excluding lollipops, to form dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface.
- With a scalloped-edged cookie cutter, cut large circles from dough.
- Place the scalloped circles onto lined cookie sheets.
- With a small cookie cutter, cut out desired shape from the centers of each circle.
- Remove the dough and fill the shape with crushed lollipops.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the candy melts in the cookie centers.
- Allow to cool before removing from tray.
Source: Genius Kitchen