If you have a Christmas party or potluck on the way this could be the perfect addition! So cute and delicious!
- Flour, for rolling out dough
- 3 tubes French bread dough
- 3-4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. grated Parmesan
- 2 olive slices
- 2 pepperonis
- 2 eggs, divided
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, shape one of the logs of bread dough into a wide triangle (this will be Santa’s head and hat).
- Shape the second log of dough into a long semicircle, then use scissors to cut strips, leaving about 1/2” to keep the strips all connected. Lay this piece on to bottom of the triangle, then twist the strips into spirals.
- Use the third log of dough to make the nose, mustache and hat details. Lightly beat one of the eggs to make an egg wash and then brush the face with it. Place olives to make eyes and pepperoni to make the rosy cheeks. Brush the
- mustache and beard with the egg wash and sprinkle with parmesan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the other egg and the red food coloring. Brush all over the hat and nose. Sprinkle the base and the tip of the hat with more parmesan.
- Bake until the bread is golden, about 30 minutes. Cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes, then serve warm.