The holidays are that time of year that it seems like no matter how hard we try to keep our diets on track we always cheat! Many people feel like they gain about 10 pounds during Christmas but research has found the numbers on the scale on average only go up about one pound!
So why does it seem like the holidays are so bad for our waistline? Because the average person never loses that pound, so if you are constantly gaining during the holidays and never losing eventually the numbers add up!
Here’s a few tips to keep everything on track over the next couple weeks!
- Be mindful of how much you are drinking. If you are used to having a glass of wine every night but tend to have a few extra when celebrating the holidays cut the drinks on the nights you aren’t planning on going out.
- Avoid picking and snacking before meals.
- Use the appetizers to your advantage. Fill up on veggies and light snacks and you won’t need to take quite as much during the big meal.
- If you are planning out meals for the day and know that you’ll be eating unhealthy at dinner, plan to indulge. It will make you feel less bad when you go for a slice of cake at dinner, but it might also help you to say “just a sliver” instead of “just a little more”.
- Freeze your leftovers! This will help you avoid unnecessary snacking.
- Don’t forget to keep up your workout routine!
Read more: http://on.today.com/1lBW47k