Today so many people have been asking around the office what I got up to over the weekend. Of course this is a pretty typical around the office question on a Monday and one that I’ve answered countless Mondays with “Oh you know nothing much”. I usually find that when I have an answer to the question nobody’s interested to know how the weekend went and when I literally did nothing but sit at home over the past few days it’s when everyone asks. Something a lot of people who are close to me know is that I can pretty much turn anything into a long winded story if I feel like chatting (as you are about to find out) and so today after a weekend where the biggest highlight was that I got a solid 12 hours of sleep on Friday night I have been telling people around the office pretty much every detail of my extremely lax weekend for no other reason than to see how long they will actually indulge in the conversation. I am sure there isn’t a soul who cares that I BBQ’ed homemade souvlaki, slept for half a day, and cleaned off over 100GB of old pictures and videos from my laptop in the past 3 days. I respect that, it was a boring way to spend a weekend. However uneventful it was I did learn a couple things though!
1. Getting caught up on sleep can drastically change your perspective on a lot of things! Everyone should nap more often!
2. De-cluttering your life can also be a huge game changer! I realize I only cleaned up my laptop, but coming out of the weekend I feel so much more refreshed than I have in weeks!
3. I actually really enjoy watching golf, and trust me I was one of those people who couldn’t comprehend how anyone could find watching it enjoyable.
4. No matter how competitive you are a bad game is a bad game, and you can’t win them all (as much as everyone was hoping for Jordan Speith to repeat at the Masters!)
5. When in doubt, Pinterest! This is something I’ve known for a while, but it came in really handy for meal planning over the past few days!
Like I said before I can turn anything into a long winded story and if you have actually stuck with me through this whole thing congratulations you’ve survived about 2 full minutes of reading about a weekend that you really didn’t care about to begin with! I feel like a good Sheldon Cooper “Bazinga!” would fit appropriately here! Hope you had a great weekend!